The Liebster Award is back and making rounds, continuing a glorious history of….of I’m not sure what but you get to answer fun questions so there’s that.
The wonderful Evelyn tagged me, which saved you all from getting a post about my movie ticket stub collection (seriously). (which apparently I went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron three times in the month it came out. #nerd) (I was cleaning out my closet and was finding all sorts of fun things)
Now, the housekeeping. (rules)
I uh….know there are rules, but I’m not sure what so we’ll just do some basics. Mention the person who tagged you (Evelyn), I’ll tag people at the end of the post, as well as come up with 11 “fun” questions.
But here we go with Evelyn’s questions!
1. What is something you are happy/proud that you did this week?
As some of you may know, I’ve taken my Etsy shop fulltime this year. I make miniature fairy dolls and felt dragons etc. Anywho, I started making a “bee themed collection” of fairies this week and I am SO PUMPED. Honeybees and bumble bees are amazing, and I am just OBSESSED with the colors I’m using. Mustard, slate blue, grey, black and white….Ugh they’re so pretty.
So that made me happy.
2. What was the last poem you read?
…………………….I have no idea. Probably something in the Lord of the Rings though, since I finished a reread of that recently.
I honestly don’t read a lot of poetry. Not like I used to when I was in school. Though I can probably still recite The Charge of the Light Brigade for you if you so desire.
3. What is your favorite non-fiction book?
I might still Evelyn’s answer to this question and go with All the President’s Men.
But seriously. I have sooo many nonfiction books I love. Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden, The Hot Zone by Richard Preston, Apollo 8 by Jeffrey Kluger….I feel like I’m forgetting one. I feel like I’m forgetting a really important book….why is my mind drawing a blank.
*stares at bookshelf but bookshelf does not stare back*
4. What is a character trope that shows up often in your stories and/or that you enjoy reading?
Ooo, this is hard. But I’m always a sucker for “tragic past” or anything with brothers. Give me all the brothers.
5. What is a song that always makes you want to dance?
Back in the USSR by the Beatles will consistently get me on my feet. Also Rubberband Man by the Spinners.
Oh! How could I forget Mr. Blue Sky by ELO??
6. If you were a pair of shoes, what would you look like and what would the marketing campaign be?
I feel like I could go so many ways with this one. Barefoot sandals. Boots. Some weird hybrid of a pointe shoe/sneaker. Or perhaps I would be no shoes at all since I’m a barefoot girl at heart?
7. What has been your latest pastime obsession?
Probably embroidery. I have/had a lot of pastime obsessions though. Basically every handcraft imaginable. Except welding. Also going to the drive-in (which is closed for the season *cries*) (though it has been like 13 degrees out lately so, I get it)(maybe)
8. If you could design a t-shirt what would it look like?
hmmm….I think it would be Black Widow merch because I JUST SO DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE.
8. What is (are) your favorite painting(s) you’ve seen?
OOOO YES YES I LOVE THIS QUESTION. Alright, here we go.
In general I guess….I like the color red in paintings??????
9. What is a dish you would love to learn how to make?
Honestly I just need to learn how to cook.
Haha don’t worry I’m kidding. I know how to cook. Sort of. I can make some mean chili but um…yeah, I can cook chicken, cook vegetables, whatever, but I just don’t….like cooking.
I like eating.
11. If you could rewrite a character in a movie, tv show, or book, who would you rewrite and why?
OH OH OH, I feel like I could go so many ways with this one. However, I’m going to start with the first that came to my mind.
Hank Pym in the Ant Man movies.
If you’ve read my blogs for long enough, you’ve probably heard me rant and rave about how much I hate Hank Pym before. They made him way too crabby, way too mean, and literally everyone he has ever known dislikes him. It is such a weak point in the franchise.
And that’s it!! (“and that concludes our broadcast hour”) So here are my questions:
- What was your favorite movie as a kid?
- What was your first Halloween costume?
- How many plants do you own?
- If you have succulents how do you keep them alive because I kill every single one I own.
- Does your car have a name? (if you don’t have a car, what would you name it if you had one?)
- Favorite Disney villain? (no, Marvel does not count)
- What is your favorite opening movie scene?
- Do you reread books? How often?
- If you fell into the book you are currently reading, would you survive?
- If you were at this moment snatched away to Neverland, what outfit would you be stuck wearing for the duration of your time there?
So that’s all my now folks. My brain is sludge so I don’t have any clever send off today. Sorry. Goodbye.